View Single Post
Old 06-08-2023, 11:24 AM   #14
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
I have an external system that was professionally installed that uses HikVision. All the footage from that is stored locally and can be accessed from my furnace room.

Aside from that, I have a Ring doorbell camera and a bunch of Ring battery cameras inside and outside the house. I have found those to work really consistently and easily and the app is easy to manage, too. I'm just not as confident in the cloud storage thing for the real "security camera" part of the equation.

I have a couple of Blink cameras as well, but those aren't really security cameras, they're more there to keep an eye on my cat if I need to check in.

I would avoid Eufy, they had some controversy lately about personal footage being accessible by third parties.
I don't have any Ring cameras inside my house. I have two in my garage, but I have the mic recording off just because I hang out in there a fair amount and don't like the idea of my conversations with my friends or my kids' conversations with their friends being recorded. When my kids have garage parties I unplug the cameras just so they have privacy, too, although a bunch of my beers from the beer fridge went missing last time so IDK.

Anyway, do you have the indoor ones set up in your living room and stuff? I'm not comfortable being recorded like that. No issue for you, something you get used to, trade off worth it for the security you feel it provides? Just curious.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote