View Single Post
Old 06-08-2023, 10:30 AM   #8
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

I bought ReoLink cameras. I didn't want to bother with running wires so I got the wireless cameras. They connect to my WiFi and they store their videos on an SD card that I put into them. There is a couple of downsides to wireless cameras though. I have to take them down every 4-6 months to charge them. This is weather dependant as extreme temperatures can wear out the battery quickly. They do have a solar panel charger which I didn't go with that option but I'm thinking of picking one up for each camera. Connecting to them can be a pain sometimes.

I have one camera in the front and one in the back and I'm tempted to get one more for the front and back to increase my coverage. I initially bought them because one November my dog alerted us to a prowler in the back yard, and then the following April we had a ding and ditch at 2:30am. I had also noticed both gates being left open too and I hated not knowing all the details of what was happening in my yard so I got cameras.

I am tempted to upgrade to a wired system where all images from all cameras are stored in one place. One other downside for a completely wireless system is connecting to the cameras to watch them or view recorded videos can sometimes take a couple of tries. The videos only record for 30s after motion stops too, so I don't always have everything.

One reason I chose ReoLink is because they don't need to connect to the cloud so if the company were to fold their services I wouldn't have egg shaped bricks. They have been running since 2020.

My coworker has setup a mixture of Reolink and Eufy cameras between his place and his family's places too.

Last edited by Buff; 06-08-2023 at 10:37 AM.
Buff is offline   Reply With Quote