View Single Post
Old 02-20-2020, 11:34 AM   #50
hungryhun
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampsx2 View Post
Yes drywalled ceilings look nicer than a suspended ceiling but sorry, drywalled ceiling in a basement is big no go. Almost the entire guts of your house are in the basement ceiling. If you need access to absolutely anything you are out of luck. Sure you could cut out and patch drywall but do you know in exactly which spot the issue is coming from? Good luck matching the paint after the drywall fix. Think of all the things that you put up with in your house because it’s somewhere behind the drywall.

Drywalled ceilings are nice for showhomes to make it look pretty. They want to sell the house and could care less if you need access in the future.

Matter of fact if i’m buying a house and they have a ceiling drywalled in the basement i start wondering how many issues they’ve put up with because there’s no access.

Drywalled basement ceilings are a big no go.
If you have a 2 storey house you have almost as much utilities in the main floor ceiling as you do in the basement. How often do you need access to the main floor ceiling? I have had my basement developed with a drywall ceiling for the last 5 years and have had to access my ceiling exactly zero x. Sorry not trying to come across as rude I just don't get this argument. If you have an issue with a leak or a repair you cut it out and deal with it. I'm a drywall contractor and a professional can match it back up 100%.
hungryhun is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to hungryhun For This Useful Post: