View Single Post
Old 08-14-2019, 06:36 PM   #57
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron_fdc View Post
HAH! They're in Air Ranch. I drive it daily.

That 60K zone is a result of the line of houses worried someone is going to go flying off the road and smash their houses. I know the mom who spearheaded it. I got nailed doing 80 in a 60 taking my kids to Lacrosse....

Air Ranch is also 30k through the entire neighbourhood. I've been pulled over doing 35, and waved at by bylaw for doing 30-34 (not sure how fast I was going, my speedo goes in intervals of 2, so it was either 31, 32, 33 or 34 when I glanced down).
Correct on all counts! Worried about cars coming off the road doing 80, yet they literally live underneath a flight school. Peace officers and bylaw LOVE that area, between that stretch of township road with the artificially low speed limit, 30-40k everywhere else, the new traffic circle where nobody yields, and the 3 way stop to nowhere. It's crazy the amount of enforcement it's gotten.

Needless to say they're looking at moving now, it's just gotten too busy with all the new developments and with drake Landing getting big. The reason they moved there in the first place was because it was quiet. Now it's a ####show
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote