View Single Post
Old 08-14-2019, 10:11 AM   #21
Mass_nerder
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scroopy Noopers View Post
So Mass Nerder, by saying you went through “2 seconds” after it was activated, do you believe you were closer than 5 m from the crossing?
No; I understand that by the wording of the regulation, I shouldn't have gone through.
In real life though, I had time basically interpret the signal and make the decision to slam on my brakes, or proceed through.
I probably could have stopped, but would have basically been slamming them on to stop before the stop line.

It just seems odd that there is no "warning" between the crossing being activated and when you have to stop, akin to a yellow vs red light. Reaction time is between .5-2 seconds, so if the crossing activates, and it takes you a few seconds to react, you could easily be too close to make a reasonable stop, but technically outside of the distance that is stated in the regulation.
Mass_nerder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mass_nerder For This Useful Post: