View Single Post
Old 10-30-2016, 12:37 PM   #33
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
Although I've seen a few incidents of CPS being dicks, for the most part my experience with them has been positive.

EMS on the other hand, I've had half a dozen interactions and all of them have been overwhelmingly negative. They've been rude, incompetent and generally unhelpful. I'm actually surprised that there isn't more of a push to have them wear body cams. On two separate occasions I had the misfortune of calling 911 for people that had emergencies and both times the EMS that showed up were verbally abusive to the people who needed help. One had just had a seizure (his first ever) and another was an elderly man who slipped and fell and was injured quite badly.
Really? Man, I give those guys a ton of credit, them and Firefighters, thats really hard stuff. I've got a few EMTs as clients and the kind of #### they see on a daily basis? The Whisky industry would make a mint off of me if I were an EMT.

It kind of reminds me of being a line cook. They've got a job to do and short time to do it in.

EMTs are similar, their job is to get you to the Hospital in the best condition they can manage. They're not here to be nice to you, they're here to get you to the hospital, so STFU, get on the stretcher and get in the Van!

Incompetent? I cant comment on that too much other than the concept that sometimes doing something quickly can often be misconstrued as doing something badly.

And if they're in a foul mood it could be because they think you're wasting their time which should be spent on getting the unfortunate participant of an illicit monkey knife fight to the hospital.

Or they're just really jaded. Which I can also totally understand. My one EMT client indicated that there is an ongoing pool for 'craziest thing inserted in the human body.'

They asked me if I wanted to see the photos, but I politely declined. I'll take their word for it.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post: