View Single Post
Old 02-25-2021, 12:23 PM   #1
BsFaninCGY
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:
Default I just got the most ridiculous ticket

I was having a down morning and decided to use food to make me feel better. Went to The Submarine on Centre St (just south of McKnight - great people! great food!). Upon leaving the parking lot I looked both ways (it was quiet and barely no one around) and I crossed the south bound lanes to the north bound and waited at the now red light. Upon green, the SUV that pulled up behind me lit up and it was a ghost car. The officer said I had crossed the double yellow line and broke the law (paraphrasing). $243 ticket!!!

Now, I'm a good driver. One speeding ticket since 1998 and no accidents. I try my best and try and follow the laws. Admittedly, I didn't know this was against the law and I know that's no excuse.

I'm just so freaking mad. It seems so ticky tacky and like a cash grab at the end of the month. I'm shocked I didn't get a warning. What can I do? Other than pay it? Covid has decimated my work and I'm selling my belongings daily to make bills. One thing the officer did say was that he saw me 'pulling out of the Esso' - which I wasn't at. I was at the place next door. I have that on my dash cam. Is that enough to fight it?

I also said '#### you' to him as he walked away. He stopped, and I said 'yeah, you heard me' then I gave him the finger. Not my proudest moment, but I wanna paint both sides and be honest.

UGH.
BsFaninCGY is offline   Reply With Quote