View Single Post
Old 11-10-2018, 01:47 PM   #191
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:
icon53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post
No I'm not.

But if I would be in that position I would at least try to adhere to a higher level of professionalism and if I had a complaint about my coaches I'd go talk to them and not mouth off like a 8 year old child.

These comments are not normal. They are not talking about coaching incompetence. They are talking about exhibiting behavior found in most elementary schools on a daily basis.

And don't act like that is normal. It is not.

This is out to lunch. Do you really think an individual on a professional hockey team that is struggling sticks his neck out to be the guy who tells the coach that his coaching stinks?

Even if the team approaches the coach together through the captain, there is some consensus building first. And part of that consensus building, if you live in the real world, happens somewhat organically in a number of informal conversations. Like this one.

Some people are sarcastic, some are edgy, some are squeaky clean and sayvthjngs in different ways. You say it’s not normal. You are right in the sense that this is not reflective of the majority of conversations they have. But it certainly is plausibly normal given the circumstances.

And I don’t think the players reasonably should think that a guy whose job is to drive is some dirtbag that is opportunistically spying in everyone in his car looking for an opportunity to find and share dirt. That’s not normal.

These guys are the best in the world at playing hockey, not top of their class in finishing school. There is a very high level of demand on them in terms of their physical work, organizations preach accountability to one another, and organizations hire coaches that the players have to trust in order to be successful, and have to probably tiptoe around sometimes to keep their ice time.
And suppose that coach is actually no good. It happens. They get frustrated

People talk about other people. They do so when they have something in common, a common goal, and the person who is supposed to be leading them to that goal seems to be hurting more than helping. But they still have to be respectful to them in their work setting.

People talk. It is normal
DeluxeMoustache is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DeluxeMoustache For This Useful Post: