View Single Post
Old 02-18-2018, 10:30 PM   #124
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CofR View Post
This is the first evening I've been frustrated with the television coverage. We've got Canadian women at the top of the leader boards in two different events and we have 5 channels showing the NBA All-Star Game and 2 channels showing the Leafs... I understand that these networks are contractually obligated to show certain things, and I shouldn't complain considering the high quality of the streaming options we have, but it's a little annoying.
I’ll be honest I’m not real impressed with the coverage overall. I hardly ever know if I’m watching something live, even when I’m watching at night or in the morning when there are actual live events on. I feel cheated when I watch something for an hour only to come post about it and realize the event is a replay from the day before. They put live banners on the screen. Why not “replay”?

They hardly ever have a “home base” kind of thing that I remember from 2010 where they had so many great interviews and segments.

Then I go to the CBC website and they have lots of links to live feeds but very little in terms of live event updates and such. The other day I was watching hockey and it took me like 10 minutes to find a page that had the men’s free skate standings.

If it weren’t for your daily posts and threads I’d be so friggin lost when it comes to figuring out what is on and when.

I’m glad we get a lot of coverage but it doesn’t seem well organized.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote