View Single Post
Old 08-03-2017, 04:51 PM   #77
DownhillGoat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace View Post
But I agree with another poster who said these 15-20 cent spikes are really rubbing it in. Seems the price adjustment use to be like 3-5 cents before a long weekend.
Yeah the jump of 20 cents over night is ridiculous. Then when it comes back down it's 1-3 cents over the course of a month or two for it to happen again when it lands around that 0.85 mark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack&Lube View Post
Sometimes I wonder if it's worth having a jerry can around for times like that but then you are lugging around extra flammable weight in your car for a savings of $5 overall.
I started carrying two 28L jerry cans in my truck for tips to BC. From Radium to Kelowna it's consistently ~25c higher than here. So I fill up here and bring 'em along.

I did that this time since I could snag it at 84c before it went up, but I usually don't. If you're filling up once every week or two it's likely going to average out fairly well and chasing prices IMO is a waste of time to save $10 over the year (although things like Gas Buddy make it easier).

However that's in a truck - if you're in a car there's no way I'd carry it around. I'd rather spend the extra cash than carry around a container of Benzines and Naptha off-gassing in my breathing space.

My buddy started doing that after he saw me do it in my truck. I thought he was insane.
DownhillGoat is offline   Reply With Quote