Thread: Headphone amp
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2022, 09:52 PM   #12
Igotnothing
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GranteedEV View Post
I'd personally go for the JDS aa well but I was just tossing out something that might fit your profile. Since it's a pretty feature-rich DAC-AMP combo for about 135 cdn (+shipping/duties) the Fulla E might be an alternative to the Creative.

Overall I wouldn't lose too much sleeps on DACs and AMPs though. It's nice to have those silent noise floors and max dynamic range, but overall most transducers are the primary source of signal colouration. Are you using your DT990s with a convolution to something like the Harman curve?
I understood most of that, the last two sentences mean sweet FA to me though. That's an interesting point regarding the Fulla vs the creative labs. I'm lacking in knowledge about fully how DACs and amps work vs sound cards. My mind still goes to the old days whne onboard sound was terrible and you needed a creative labs card to get good audio. That doesn't seem to be the case any more? Getting one of the Fulla's will cover those bases?

Calumniate - regarding the power needed to for the DT990's, the creative labs card i was looking at: https://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX00117341
Seems to have the amp built enough that's strong enough to power my headphones. I'm pretty new to this though and maybe I misinterpreted the numbers? Similarly, the little amp/dac I have also says it can power headphones up to 600 ohms, mine are only 250. Am I not understanding correctly?
Igotnothing is offline   Reply With Quote