Thread: Headphone amp
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2022, 10:41 PM   #11
calumniate
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igotnothing View Post
The little amp I have is this one: https://us.creative.com/p/archived-p...und-blaster-e1

I really like the look of those JDS amps and dacs but both, even the Atom's add up real quick. I only plan to sit at the PC with it and play them video games. Long term, I'd like to get those Atom's, I think anymore more will be wasted on my old ears, and if I want to take these headphones on the road the little creative labs I have and linked above is more than enough. Short term, I'll either keep using motherboard sound or spend $120 on a soundblaster sound card. Thanks for the inputs guys, it's definitely helped me make a decision and pointed me towards stuff I hadn't seen.
I wouldn't go the soundcard route for the headphone you have. 250 ohms need some power. That's why something like the k5 pro (dac and amp all in one) or another dac/amp solution like jds would be better.

You bought good headphones, but they're high impedence. Gotta power them

I'd either trade the headphone you have for something easier to drive or get something substantial like k5 pro, ifi zen can, or jds/schitt dac/amp combo

Last edited by calumniate; 03-30-2022 at 11:16 PM.
calumniate is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to calumniate For This Useful Post: