View Single Post
Old 05-24-2018, 11:57 AM   #118
Beninho
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam_wmh View Post
Appreciate it, all in good discourse.

Question of you. Fred is rumoured to be joining United this summer.
What's your take on him?
I appreciate it! After looking over my posts I definitely was bringing in opinions that should not be in this thread and I feel slightly embarrassed by it so I really do apologize if I rubbed anyone the wrong way!

Fred has made great strides since he got popped for PED’s which was a huge down point in his career. If you asked me my opinion on him 2 years ago I would say he was a player that was confused on what position he plays. I think now he clearly understands his role as a box-box midfielder. He’s got really good pace, has scored some very nice goals for Shaktar, and showed that he can perform in a major European competition and not just in the Ukrainian league. He’s very much a Swiss Army knife type of midfielder and I’m not surprised he was picked for Brazil because Tite loves these types of players and Fred obviously made a big impression on him in training. Tite picked Fred over Jorginho, Arthur and Fabinho. I’ve seen comparisons to Fernandinho but I don’t think he will ever control a mid field like him. He’s a unique type of player that Mourinho would probably love because you can use him in multiple different positions in the mid field. The World Cup will be a big test for him, I’m not too sure how much he will play but I do think he will play an important role for Brazil off the bench. Fred would could become a very good squad player for United and is very much a Mourinho type of player. The transfer would make a lot of sense.

Hope this helps!

Last edited by Beninho; 05-24-2018 at 12:03 PM.
Beninho is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Beninho For This Useful Post: