View Single Post
Old 06-17-2017, 09:48 AM   #451
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Suitor was making a lot of excuses for the Quarterbacks. But when I watched the game, I noticed a lot of things.

When Kevin Glenn was in with the starting unit, the offensive line was really bad, they took penalties and they couldn't seem to understand their mesh assignments. I loved Dennis last year, but when the Rider fans started gloating about his signing, I warned him that he might have had a lot of success because of the coaching here and the offensive system and having BLM in the pocket. DD looked slow and his footwork especially on the pass block was bad.

Bridge or whatever his name is reminded me so much of the bad parts of Nealon Greene that it made me chuckle. He can't read a defense to save his life, he's pretty athletic and he throws a nice ball but he isn't super accurate.

Bennett's ok but outside of a really nice arm, I just don't see a starting QB, again he really struggles to read defenses and he was frankly playing the Lions B squad and looked poor doing it.

Yes the Riders receivers are good, but it doesn't really matter if your QB's don't get time and can't understand their reads.

On top of it, if this is the offensive playbook where the Riders rush the ball 4 times the Riders are in trouble. Its funny because you would think that the Riders would want to evaluate their running backs in a preseason game, but instead they pulled out a 6 year olds game plan for Madden where they threw the ball deep and prayed the safety would be going the wrong way.

Ok

On defense, the Riders line got some nice pressure on passing situations, but their front 6 can't stop the run at all as the Lions shredded them for about 160 yards, on 23 carries. But usually teams that can't stop the run stop the pass, but in this place, that made all of the Lions QBs look effective, and what's worse is the Riders downfield coverage was awful. Their secondary is pretty talentless.

Even special teams wise they struggled on both sides of the ball.

Originally I thought the Riders would still be deplorably bad, but they should managed to fluke their way to a better record just because 5 wins is hard to repeat. Now I'm not so sure.

In terms of coaching this is all on Jones, a bad game plan on offense, we saw in Calgary under Dunnigan that a all throw offense will fail. We saw it again last night and it was laughable. But Mr Defensive Genius has a bad defense talent wise and game calling wise.

I honestly think that this team might be in tough to win 5 games. I mean frankly they won 1 game against the West last year, and most of the teams in west look better, but the East is going to be better as well.

4 to 5 wins is not out of the realm of possibilities, and Jones being unemployed by Labor day if he keeps embarrassing that brand is also possible.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post: