View Single Post
Old 11-16-2023, 12:40 AM   #29
Manhattanboy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Financially things are fine as I think about the wind down of my career and what a second act might look like. Not sure retirement is for me but I’m looking forward to something that is not as all consuming as my current job. I lost my parents over 10 years ago and unfortunately did not start a family of my own. Mostly relationship disappointments. I lost a best friend to a sudden illness a year ago and still dearly miss a particular ex-gf that I don’t speak to anymore.

I’m sad as I think Calgary’s and Canada’s best days are behind us. We could have been such a prosperous nation. The days of big deals and big projects are gone. Government now interferes with and regulates everything you want to do. A permit to build or create anything takes forever.

I have not recovered from the Covid doldrums and long for the pre pandemic days.

The wars in Ukraine and now Israel have me teetering on full depression. I really didn’t think antisemitism was a problem in North America but under Trump the right wing racists were able to come out into the mainstream and now the left including academics, college kids and the media have in many respects proven to be even more dangerous. Social media in particular.

Just a very sad time right now.

Last edited by Manhattanboy; 11-16-2023 at 12:49 AM.
Manhattanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Manhattanboy For This Useful Post: