View Single Post
Old 05-29-2022, 09:56 PM   #2639
OptimalTates
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
And apparently you know more than the prosecutors who dropped the charges against Spacey, because according to you this is a great case:
I responded to some guy who said the accusations had been proven to be false. They weren’t.

Charges being dropped means the prosecutors don’t believe they have the chance of succeeding. It does not prove the victim lied.

But it is these type of attitudes that got us here in the first place. It’s why the MeToo movement exists. People afraid to speak up for fear of repercussions, what it will do to their reputation and fear of not being believed. So when someone isn’t convicted and people start saying “allegations were proven to be false” when they weren’t, you should immediately shut them down instead of defending that statement.

Instead of victim blaming him by suggesting he could have just left? Going to say the same about the victim of the Canadian Gold Medal team? Why didn’t Kyle Beach just beat up Aldrich? Young adults drinking and not making rationale or safe decisions does not mean they weren’t assaulted or that it was their fault.

Also young men downplaying sexual assault, such as making light of it or calling it a “story” or joke or prank is a common response. A lot of victims don’t recognize they had been assaulted until long after the fact, they normalize it or downplay it exactly like this. “It wasn’t rape it was just hazing, everyone one the team went through it.” Only to begin feeling the shame, embarrassment, anger, Or experiencing PTSD, anxiety etc. after the fact. So again, the claim he may be exaggerating the impact of his sexual assault is the stuff MeToo was supposed to end. You don’t get to tell victims how they are supposed to feel.

The alleged victim, an eighteen year old male, may have messed up by deleting a text calling Spacey a f****** or something, or “lost” his phone because he didn’t want to have some racist meme that his buddy sent him as a 16 year old become court record. Now he gets legal advice and realize he either has to admit to deleting evidence, perjure himself or plead the fifth. That choice becomes obvious.

But it does not mean he was not assaulted. Nor does not leaving. Nor does him drunkenly referring to it as a story. You’re going to agree with me, so why bother bringing that up at all?

Also it’s weird that you are saying I am stating anything as fact. The mother claimed to delete stuff off the phone, sanitizing it of the “frat boy” activities. I said she claimed to have done it. But my entire point was that nothing was proven.

Inversely, Spacey was also not proven to have sexually assault the victim despite your claim,
OptimalTates is offline   Reply With Quote