View Single Post
Old 04-27-2022, 10:57 AM   #71
marsplasticeraser
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazam View Post
I camped at St Mary Reservoir in 2020, it wasn't too busy. Great swimming, the water was extremely clear and warm.

Given the amount of environmental hysteria on social media platforms, I can't see adding campgrounds as a priority for any govt.

The quality of the average camper has declined. The amount of disrespectful behaviour I've seen in campgrounds and just parks in general has increased.

Two things

1. Talking to environmental people, it seems there are studies that show campgrounds and backcountry huts are better for the environment in that it concentrates people in small areas.

2. Camper quality declines as so few rangers. I'm always amazed in other places how there are guardians at huts, and rangers on trails, backcountry and campgrounds. For some reason we don't have rangers anymore in Canada (in last 20 years i've seen one on the trail, and never seen one in the backcountry and I'm out A LOT!).

I fully support using the kananasksi money to get more seasonal rangers to patrol, educate and support users of our parks.
marsplasticeraser is offline   Reply With Quote