View Single Post
Old 06-26-2019, 05:47 PM   #333
Party Elephant
First Line Centre

Exp:

Full credit to Pakistan, they played that game like a must win and put on a hell of a performance, particularly in their bowling. The air batting was patient and composed, did not need to rush to get to that low total. I agree that they have the most favourable schedule of all the teams battling for 4th, and I doubt England win both of their remaining games to stay ahead. I just hope NZ can stay afloat as our last 2 games are Australia and England.

That was a very frustrating game as a NZ fan. We have way too many timid batsmen (Guptill, Munro, Latham) who have been playing like crap all tournament and for quite a while before that, but thanks to the heroics of the rest of the team we've been winning in spite of them. Oh well, still have a good shot to make the semis and hopefully this is a wakeup call for the NZ selectors. Time to get a steadier batsman (Nicholls) in to open, a wicketkeeper who can attack at #5 or 6 (Blundell) and maybe another spinner (Sodhi) who can take wickets in the middle overs. This is the XI I want to see:

Guptill
Nicholls
Williamson
Taylor
Neesham
Blundell (wk)
de Grandhomme
Santner
Sodhi (Henry or Southee if it's not a spin friendly wicket like today)
Ferguson
Boult
Party Elephant is offline   Reply With Quote