View Single Post
Old 12-05-2019, 09:00 PM   #1812
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheese View Post
I just can't wrap my head around this theory. I mean if we are just part of a program, when did it begin? With the dinosaurs? earlier? If yes, then why were they killed off by asteroid?
Why start a simulation in ancient ages, why not in some futuristic age where there is more understanding of the universe. I mean, if whoever created this simulation is that smart they could have booted our existence at any age or time.
I guess I'm just to old to want to wrap my head around this theory, it just seems like something that only could be dreamed up by someone who was raised playing video games?
One reason would be ease of programming.

If you had to program each thing you can’t do it really. Even procedura generation would be challenging to create the variety. Instead if you programmed a bunch of relatively simple rules to govern the universe and watch it develop. The actual time that takes in the real world would only be limited by processing speed.

Though it’s really no different than believing in a Deist God with a bit of a 747 problem thrown in.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GGG For This Useful Post: