View Single Post
Old 09-11-2010, 08:05 PM   #1297
pepper24
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winsor_Pilates View Post
I agree, but from everything pepper24 has posted it doesn't sound like he does. That's why I asked.

Of everyone posting in this thread, he seems to be the only one acting 100% confident and absolute with his predictions.
So while I respect a lot of the logic and reasoning beyond money you've presented, I'm still waiting on the answer from the person I asked in the first place.
Sorry for the slow reply as I was away on business last week.

The idea makes sense but at the end of the day we like the neighborhood, the size of our lot and the closeness the downtown. Work, Dome, TD Center, shopping, restaurants, bars, parks etc. are all 20 minutes tops by foot. We are not interested in the suburbs and it's a great area for our young family. I bought in 2003 when I was single, working out of the country and downtown living hadn't fully caught on. It's had a great run in value but the priority is lifestyle. The current house isn't anything special (the value is mostly lot size and proximity to downtown) so eventually we want to tear it down and build a new home. I have the blue prints ready but will probably hang tight for a few more years. It's on a 67' lot so I am not willing to gamble on finding a similar lot at a later date along with the hassles of renting etc.
The Following User Says Thank You to pepper24 For This Useful Post: