Thread: Shoulder advice
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2019, 05:36 PM   #36
TheSutterDynasty
First Line Centre

Exp:

I can't speak for the therapists at Evidence South. May be hit or miss.

Unfortunately I've found many physio clinics to be lacking in South Calgary. Conveyer belts. I'll try to dig up a recommendation around there but the drive to Evidence North would be well worth it.

Again I can't speak for your case despite seeing your MRI because I haven't assessed your shoulder (the two can be extraordinarily different) but you may want to save your money for the rehab portion. There's a chance that Dr. Lo won't recommend surgery whereas if you go privately they'll take you as a patient regardless of outcomes. And again, this time beforehand is an opportunity to get your shoulder better in case of a surgery. Surgery will not fix you. In fact, you will be way worse afterwards. But if there is a structural problem as an underlying cause then a repair can push your ceiling of recovery higher.

An environment in which a person encounters only beliefs or opinions that coincide with their own, so that their existing views are reinforced and alternative ideas are not considered.
TheSutterDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote