View Single Post
Old 04-10-2019, 06:34 PM   #10
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by #-3 View Post
I think starting from the bottom as a strategy is entirely related to the daily double. If the average daily double is mid round bottom up affords you the opportunity to bet several times bigger. Didn't see tonight, but he went bottom up all for of his games so far.
First, yes, as I explained in the post you quoted, going bottom up is mostly related to searching for the DD.

However the DDs aren’t random or time based AFAIK. You could pick it on the first choice of clue.

Getting the DD in Jeopardy isn’t as important as it is in Double Jeopardy because in DJ your score is high enough to start you can get significant benefit right away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazam View Post
If you think you know the category well, then you should start at the bottom. You don’t want you’re lesser opponents leaving money on the board - that is, getting the question wrong.
Starting at the bottom is almost entirely due to the DD. Although some of it does relate to controlling the board and not leaving money on the board but I think that’s more to do with running out of time than your opponents getting it wrong.

Last edited by Cecil Terwilliger; 04-10-2019 at 06:37 PM.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote