View Single Post
Old 04-10-2019, 09:37 AM   #3
psyang
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by transplant99 View Post
Ha, my wife and I happened to tune in to the episode last night. We watch Jeopardy maybe 6 times a year.

You need to be smart, but you also need a lot of nerve (or confidence) to get a score this high. When he had just over 14k (12k more than second place) he hit a daily double and made a "shove all the chips in" motion with his hands to indicate he was betting everything. Of course he got it. That was when I thought this could be a special game.

In the second round, he had about 45k, and bet 25k on a daily double which pushed him to over 70k. Then he wagered 35k in final jeopardy to get over 110k.

It was fun to watch how he played. In the first round, he picked topics by clearing the bottom row first left-to-right, then second-from-bottom, and so on moving upward. I was thinking if I was another contestant, if I got an answer, I'd pick a topic near the top to ruin his pattern and see if that would throw him off. But in the second round, he picked topics more conventionally. It was like he was toying with the game.

I'm going to try to tune in now and see how far his run goes.
psyang is offline   Reply With Quote