View Single Post
Old 12-14-2017, 02:20 PM   #30
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
I have an opinion on the coach, yes, but does that really mean that my thoughts don't matter? Many NHL people will tell you that this is a show me league, not a "try" league. I think we can agree that the results aren't there.

I think the problem is that not all chances are equal. We can't judge a team by that. Monahan missed an almost sure goal in OT last game. That's a chance that gets on a replay feed and more often than not they go in. But how are other chances defined? A shot from the same spot by Monahan will have a different outcome than one from Brouwer. At least most of the time.

So yes the Flames are buzzing around and shooting, but again, that can have different results.
So, are you suggesting that the discrepancy between Flames' scoring chance generation and actual goals scored is an artificial product of low-percentage shooters amassing an inordinate number of high quality chances?

I think if you are going to forward an assertion like this, then the impetus is upon you to show some evidence to support it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob
"...harem warfare? like all your wives dressup and go paintballing?"
"The Lying Pen of Scribes" Ancient Manuscript Forgeries Project
Textcritic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Textcritic For This Useful Post: