View Single Post
Old 06-02-2018, 08:29 AM   #47
theslymonkey
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aarongavey View Post
Are there any good teams that have this 3 RHD obsession?

Not Vegas
Not Washington
Not Tampa
Not Nashville

Most teams try to find the best 6 dmen and play them wherever. Now for the Flames, especially with Rasmus coming up may always have 3 RHD in their top 6, but it is certainly not a pre-requisite for NHL success.

If some other team really wants RHD and is willing to pay a good price for it, I would have no problem moving Hamonic and Stone and having 2 RHD next year.

Right dmen having to be right handed is one of GG's worst ideas, no other decent team has such a rigid position on this irrelevant criteria.
Not true. Team Canada's D was built around this exact premise. Babcock was very dedicated to coaching this philosophy. I'm sure I could get a lot of coaches to agree if I had the chance to ask them.

I know we've had this discussion here a while back, but playing D on your wrong side severely hampers your effectiveness other than one timers on the PP. It's not worth rehashing it again, but in general, most coaches want their D on their proper sides if possible. The issue is that RHD are more rare and teams have to move LHD to the right side because they just don't have the personal available on the team.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Last edited by theslymonkey; 06-02-2018 at 08:57 AM.
theslymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote