View Single Post
Old 03-05-2018, 12:17 PM   #57
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by habernac View Post
We've had a tough season. We unfortunately peaked in the seeding round, where we finished first. I think we've won a total of 2 games since. We scored boatloads of goals then, now we couldn't hit an empty net in some games. Kind of frustrating.

My kid has been ok. I accepted a long time ago that we weren't going to be the same kind of players (not easy for overly competitive Dad here). When I was young, all I thought about was hockey. It's what I spent most of my time doing. I'd shoot and shoot until my arms were about to fall off. My kid has spent a total of about an hour and a half all year shooting at his net(for me that was a Thursday). He's a competent winger. I still wish he had a little more interest in it.

We lost Friday to a team we should have beat. The refs were unusually competent. We had power play chances, were disciplined, all that stuff. Just couldn't score enough. Our goalie and one of our D had a miscommunication that cost us one. We then tied it but gave up another soon after that wasn't a pretty one.

Our last shift had my kid's line out there. He'd spent the whole day in bed, not feeling well at all. He played short shifts the whole game. The last one he got stuck out there awhile. We did everything but score. Was so proud of the effort (I'm one of the coaches). He collapsed in the car and just wanted to go home to bed.

We play again this coming Friday. I hope they give a good effort.
But he had fun right?

That's really the measure.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote