Thread: Used laptops
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2020, 10:55 AM   #20
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

To comment on the original post, man, I would do anything but a Chromebook.

Ironhorse, I don't know if your 8th grader is at all the technically inclined or creative type or if they have a fully-featured computer to use at home, but 8th grade is around the same age where I started getting interested in more advanced things like coding and graphics editing. I think getting a kid at that age a Chromebook is sort of gutting the potential for them to explore that on their own device, on their own time. There's no way for them to run an IDE with a compiler on a Chromebook without installing Linux on the thing.

A used Windows notebook or a Macbook would be lightyears ahead for them to explore more advanced computing concepts if they're so inclined. Just my two cents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ignite09 View Post
Ordered one yesterday. Called today about this, and she said "If you ordered a surface pro 4, you get a surface pro 4". I'm picking it up at 2:00 today, so we'll see.
Upon further review, it looks like they're just using the same two photos for all the Surfaces (Surfi?). So yeah, this might be a decent deal on an SP4.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TorqueDog For This Useful Post: