View Single Post
Old 03-22-2024, 07:59 PM   #703
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think the thing I'm most intrigued by is the amount of energy people are putting into something that seems to be a very rational series of events.

Royal PR people: "Kate has a planned abdominal surgery and she will be unavailable until after Easter for any public events."

*Kate is not seen following her PLANNED abdominal surgery *

UK people and media: "Why is she missing? Why is the Royal Family hiding her? Did they kidnap her? Is she getting divorced? Did William have an affair???"

Me: "WTF? She said she wasn't going to be available because of a surgery. Why is this surprising anybody?"

Royal PR People: "Hey! Here's Kate with her family looking happy and healthy for Mother's day! Don't worry about her if you don't see her for a while, she's doing fine!"

UK people and media: "Look at the photoshop!!! That's the first instance very in history where a PR stunt with photos has been altered in any way, shape, or form! I for one am so shocked by this that I now believe more in these conspiracy theories!!!"

Me: "This is a joke, right? People know how PR works, yes?"

Kate: "I wanted to take this moment to thank you all personally, for all your wonderful messages of support and understanding whilst I've been recovering from surgery (thinking: #### you all Britain! You forced me to come out during cancer treatment to issue a statement because you won't shut the #### up and you won't leave me the #### alone!!!).

Me: "People are the worst."

I just can't understand why people have so much time and energy to put into this. Perhaps things like a 4 day work week and UBI are bad because people will have nothing left to do but speculate wildly over the private lives of others.
Cali Panthers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Cali Panthers Fan For This Useful Post: