View Single Post
Old 04-06-2021, 08:51 PM   #1325
accord1999
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by VladtheImpaler View Post
If this in answer to my post - thanks. I still want to know about worst-case scenarios. What if CCP "bans" BTC because it is too subversive? What is the impact of that?
You would see wild fluctuations in fiat prices for awhile and perhaps some additional challenges in moving cryptos to/from exchanges but almost all the big ones are located outside of China's reach now. But if you're holding BTC or other crypto coins yourself, then it should not affect it or your ability to access it.

Quote:
If I put it into "cold storage", it basically means onto on off-linte HD, right? So, I still have to worry about securing that against theft, loss or failure?
That's one method and the original form. But the more user-friendly method these days are the hardware wallets which offer better protection for the all-important private keys and use a recovery seed/phrase which is used to secure your private keys and allow it to regenerate the keys even if you lose or damage the hardware wallet. The key is to make sure nobody else (unless you trust them 100%) knows the recovery phrase and you never forget it.

https://www.ledger.com/academy/crypt...ecovery-phrase
accord1999 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to accord1999 For This Useful Post: