View Single Post
Old 04-06-2021, 07:48 PM   #1324
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by VladtheImpaler View Post
If this in answer to my post - thanks. I still want to know about worst-case scenarios. What if CCP "bans" BTC because it is too subversive? What is the impact of that? If I put it into "cold storage", it basically means onto on off-linte HD, right? So, I still have to worry about securing that against theft, loss or failure? Sorry, if these questions seem stupid, but I have not seen clear answers to them from the experts I mentioned...
Well the CCP has started their own "digital Yuan" and it's actually fascinating. It has all the characteristics of other crypto-currencies except it's completed controlled by the government. They can do some pretty interesting things with that, such as having it expire if they want it spent and put into circulation in a specified timeframe, and of course they can get it out to people basically instantaneously. The drawback for people is obvious though...it's pure state control and tracking.

The CCP wasn't a big fan of bitcoin and the others when they first starting coming out around 2008-09, because it's potentially destabilizing. the decentralized nature meant they saw all of this as a threat, so you have to think that they would prefer to run their own as opposed to let btc or any of the others be of use.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote