View Single Post
Old 02-14-2021, 08:51 PM   #2836
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Finn Balor def Pete Dunn

Ok, I take back everything I've said about Finn Balor, that he was colorless, boring, predictible. Maybe it was going up against Dunn, but this match in its construction and execution is a match of the year candidate. Besides it being just a bruising looking match, they got the little details right. Finn resetting his fingers after the finger snapping by Dunn. At one point, Finn pulls out Dunne's mouth guard, flips it casually over his shoulder and then kicks Dunne in the mouth. A lot of thought went into every element of the match. It was awesome in a way because both competitors were elevated. Dunne looked brutal and nearly industructable, Finn looked like a champion, and its the rare match where in my mind kicking out of finishers worked.

6/5 stars

The aftermath. We saw the destruction of the Undisputed Era as they came out to save Finn from a beatdown by Burch, Orca and Dunne. Then Kyle helps up Balor, then they all stand united, awesome enough until Cole super kicks Balor, and then Kyle and leaves Strong in the ring.

Absolutely excellent ppv. I would call it a 4.5/5 star show.

Oh and the one moment of comedy wasn't a bad acting job, while minicing around screaming about a injured hole. But the look on Toni Storms face when she accidentally collapsed the gimmicked Spanish Announcers Table.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1361129829328949251

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote