View Single Post
Old 05-16-2017, 10:44 AM   #25
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
I know a lot about how municipalities work and there is no chance they regrade the alley for you.

I've also done a lot of concrete work in a previous life and you could set your floor lower and build a concrete curb on which to place the walls. If you do this be sure to pour the curb and the floor as one piece so water doesn't come in as would happen if you poured them separately. I've done this so feel free to message questions.
My friend is a concrete guy and he said if I did the stub wall it would have to be a separate pour otherwise the weight would force it out the bottom.

I did get them do dump a bunch of fill in the alley last year and it raised it about 6", so it's not impossible...I'm going to find out what the alley should be graded to, and hopefully get them to re-establish the original grade, as it has lost a lot of material over the years. It's main grade is to the east at probably 12°, and ideally it should be flat, but it also slopes towards my yard which creates a runoff trench.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote