Thread: 2020 Formula 1
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2020, 07:42 AM   #819
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
I’m not an engineer but my understanding is the mgu-k is road relevant and “easy” to develop, while the mgu-h is crazy complicated and very difficult to develop and it has minimal road car relevance.

So dropping just the one could attract new engine suppliers and allow them to develop towards full electric.

I also believe FE has a monopoly on full electric racing for the next 25 years or something. A merge would have to happen because F1 can’t go full electric while FE exists.

If it’s going to be a unique sport, ICE might be the way to go. Despite the environmental concerns. Or simplify the current hybrids. Nobody really wants full electric. Not fans or teams.
I thought I had seen the 2022 regulations drop the mgu-h. Sucks about Honda, they were just getting it together these past 2 seasons.

It will be awhile before they can go full electric. FE can do 45 minutes, at a much slower pace than F1. To get to a 2 hour race at F1 speeds is probably a decade away. But ultimately, that is where we will end up. Electric is just to powerful to ignore, and if they want to be the fastest car, they will have to be electric.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote