View Single Post
Old 08-26-2019, 10:07 AM   #87
BigErnSalute_16
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

I might be in the minority here but I think the Flames actually have a better lineup this year, the forwards anyways (losing Valimaki sucks). But with no Neal and potentially no Frolik, there is more opportunity for a more offensively inclined player like Bennett or Dube on Backlunds wing while not giving up too much defensively.

And production wise last year Ryan and Mangiapane were essentially the third line but Bennett draggin Neal around was given the third line opportunities so I think with him gone Ryan and Mangiapane get those extra opportunities with either Bennett or Dube filling in. I think that is three very effective lines, two of which are capable of handling tough defensive minutes as well. And as for the fourth line, it will have some speed (Czarnik), Lucic who can just be a wrecking ball, and hopefully Janko improves a little bit five on five too. Fourth line might not be great but if they can provide energy and a few points here and there I think this team is looking better.
BigErnSalute_16 is offline   Reply With Quote