View Single Post
Old 08-26-2019, 09:46 AM   #86
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Textcritic View Post
“More aggressive”? Treliving pulled the trigger on a trade that would have seen Nazeem Kadri in Calgary. That strikes me as very aggressive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And potentially the Zucker trade which is more minor than the attempted Kadri acquisition.

I wouldnt fault Treliving for not being able to be more aggressive. I think all indications point to he and the management team considering this team more or less the finished product. Major changes are unlikely unless this team continues to squander its window of opportunity.

But look at where this team is at. Competing, making the playoffs is likely now considered an expectation and the goal is to go deeper.

Missing the playoffs under Ol' Gul was a disaster.

Getting blown out by the Avs was a disaster.

But Treliving continues to methodically improve the roster, but again, flexibility is difficult without considering major changes, which I would consider unlikely.

But how many more disasters can this roster take? We are playing with House Money with Giordano, Monahan and Gaudreau contracts (which are brilliant) are ticking away.

I think to teams who won a Cup by firing their GM so someone else can come in and get them 'over the hump.'

It has worked in the past, but I'm hesitant to go that route because overall I think Treliving has worked wonders and built a strong team, but if thats all it is, a team that makes the playoffs and gets smoked then the prospect likely gets considered.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote