View Single Post
Old 01-27-2020, 11:00 AM   #2933
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Watkins is leading the team receiving in the playoffs helping them get into their first SB in 50 years so that's hardly irrelevant. Nothing to do with being a Raiders fan and just calling it the way I see it as there's not a QB that hasn't looked considerably better under Reid. That's just a fact. With a washed up Jeff Garcia he even went 5-1 in the last 6 games of a season to make the playoffs, win a playoff game, almost two with a close loss in New Orleans that went to the final drive. Reid is THE QB whisperer. It's not even debatable IMO that Mahomes would not be the same outside of Reid's offense. He would still be elite but not as good as he's looked with the Chiefs. Anyone that debates this clearly hasn't paid attention to what Andy Reid has accomplished as an NFL head coach.

Also why do you reply so much with spite in this forum? The Raiders weren't even part of the discussion but you had to throw that in there just to take a dig at the team I cheer for. Are you like this with everyone in conversation as not everything has to be confrontational you know? Also what's your team as you like to take digs at everyone's teams here yet don't disclose who you follow. You should let us know so we can take digs at your team as well since you like to dish it out so much.
Andy Reid is a great coach, and Patrick Mahomes is a generational talent. Both things can be true. It's the combination that makes his potential unlimited, but he'd have to end up in a really bad situation (i.e. the Browns) to not be a top QB. You're downplaying him because you are a Raiders fan, so you're hoping he's another Andy Reid product, when he pretty clearly is insane on his own. Reid maybe ups his chances of being the greatest ever by a bit, but he's not a system player in the slightest. He is his own system, like Rodgers used to be and Peyton once was. You can talk yourself into hoping once Andy leaves he'll fall off, because you gotta have some hope right? But I've seen enough to believe his talent would work anywhere, and his leadership is off the charts too.

Also I've pretty clearly disclosed dozens of times I cheer for the Bucs. So thanks for the Super Bowl, I'll always share a deep love of the Raiders for that. And thanks for being more embarrassing than us post-2003, it's kept the fact the Bucs are a laughingstock to a minimum. The Bucs at least have high entertainment value with Jameis, so we suck, but we aren't boring like the Raiders.