View Single Post
Old 09-02-2017, 08:05 PM   #556
snootchiebootchies
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyC View Post
Pretty mediocre. I like Noah, and he has some really good correspondents. Hasan Minaj, Jordan Klepper, Roy Wood Jr and and Ronny Chieng are all great.

I think the issue with Noah himself is he doesn't have the history with the country to really seem that visceral about anything, which was one of Stewarts best parts. When he really went after something, he went at it hard. Noah kind of just makes the jokes but you can really feel that he doesn't/hasn't lived it. He feels more like a news anchor that makes jokes than a "voice" like Stewart was and like Colbert and Oliver have become.
He is definitely no Stewart but I've come to really enjoy the show. He is a bit less US-centric than Stewart because Noah will talk about news from other countries, especially news from the continent of Africa. His take on dictators trying to hold onto power (like in the Republic of Congo) is funny especially when he compares their actions to those of Trump. I also like that his guests skew heavily towards entertainers and activists representing or speaking about black culture. I've never heard of many of his guests so it's been great to hear these different perspectives on late night.

I think one has to approach Noah on his own terms because if you are expecting a black Jon Stewart, you will be disappointed.
snootchiebootchies is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to snootchiebootchies For This Useful Post: