View Single Post
Old 12-03-2019, 12:36 PM   #3343
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronMaiden View Post
Have you had a chance to talk about finances? Do you know if the team is getting the ROI they expected?
I have not, and I highly doubt anyone at the club would give me an honest answer if they did.

What I have heard is that for every butt in a seat, they were bringing in $60 in merchandise, concessions, parking and whatever else is included in game day revenue outside of the actual ticket purchase. Combine that with the actual revenue from ticket sales including the cup run and finals, and I have to speculate that the finances are pretty decent for this level.

But again, there are clubs that simply cannot be making money. Take Edmonton for example. They drew less fans than Cavalry and attendances dipped as the season went on. Their ticket prices are cheaper. They have to pay rent at their stadium. They don't get concession revenue. Their owner won't market the club and they won't put money into the stadium to make the experience better.

But the league needs to make sure Edmonton is stable as their presence benefits the better off clubs such as Cavalry.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to shermanator For This Useful Post: