View Single Post
Old 07-23-2020, 01:11 AM   #1658
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Familia View Post
Why do people care what the political views of a restaurant are? I go there to eat the food, not discuss Trump with the owners. Doesn’t everyone have the freedom of opinion? If someone supports Trump for his economic policies does that make them the devil? Do they not have the right to believe whatever they want so long as they are not outright discriminating against people? What does supporting Trump and making pizza have anything to do with the other?
My God, I’m Italian and have zero issue with WOP pizza. I think it’s clever! Never tried their pizza but I will certainly go now!

Yes. People have the freedom of opinion and choice.

The Flames chose not to invest in Bill Peters, much as I chose not to invest in Pizza Bob.

I didn’t like the anti vaxxer stance, it goes against science and my beliefs. They had a good pie, but I don’t want to support his business because he used his business platform to express opinions that do not agree with my beliefs

I obviously have freedom of choice, and if he wants to tie his beliefs to his business, then I can get perfectly good pizza elsewhere

And it’s not a hard boycott for me, I might go back, if I feel like their pizza. Just have generally reduced my investment because if I am giving away money (ie. the portion of my payment ~allocated to profit), then I prefer to give it to someone who has not disqualified my ability to fully respect them
DeluxeMoustache is offline   Reply With Quote