View Single Post
Old 09-20-2018, 11:25 AM   #250
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfTheCube View Post
I think if any developer is actually starting to get their mojo back after losing it, it's Capcom.

-Resident Evil VII was very well received and a big hit.
-Monster Hunter: World, great reviews and their best selling game ever.

Upcoming we have:

-Mega Man 11, first true new Mega Man game in 8 years after many thought the franchise was dead.
-Resident Evil 2 Remake. Looks awesome.
-Devil May Cry 5 -- also looks good, first game in the series in 5 years.

And they're doing a remaster of Onimusha coming out in January, so clearly testing the waters on that franchise again.
RE7 was great and I can't argue with Monster Hunter's success for sure. I don't know if a new Mega Man will resonate with today's gamers and while I can't wait to play RE2 remake I'm not sure younger gamers will be all over it as well with DMC. They are great games for people like us that played the originals but I don't know if they are AAA sellers in this day and age of Fortnite addicts. My kids play nothing else now. It's been great for me as we haven't been buying them new games but I don't know if that's great for the industry. Didn't know about the Onimusha as that's great news. They have some great older franchises but my concern is that they really hasn't had much in the way of new IP's that have been huge successes.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote