View Single Post
Old 06-12-2020, 01:20 PM   #19
Diemenz
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swarly View Post
I have wanted to do this for a long time now but the price just keeps me from pulling the trigger. For my place in Hue color bulbs would cost me $1320, and the 2-prong bulbs only seem to come in white not color, am I just not seeing them? Lifx has color 2-prong bulbs and to do my whole place would be $1650. I only own a 2 bedroom condo, I can't begin to think what an entire house would cost to do. I have 17 2-prong bulbs, 8 regulars, and 8 big round bathroom bulbs.

And that is before I even consider adding sensors, and tv / computer / under cabinet light strips into the mix.
I will echo what DoubleF said. I didn't do my whole house bulbs, only did those i want to dim, activate with motion or color.

I have smart switches controlling things like the laundry room, dining room lights etc. Switches go on sale for $30 for 2 (kasa) regularly. The bulbs in my pantry are Hue single color, I bought them for $30 for 4 when Lowes has their sales. The light strips I got from Home depot when they were 50% off and the lifx bulbs during their bogo event which brought them to around $20 each. Start small in area's where you will get the most usage (for me i started in the bedroom, being able to dim and turn off lights without getting out of bed was the selling point) and go from there.

Edit: Just looked online and man the new hue with bluetooth bulbs cost 2x what the old bulbs cost. weak.

Last edited by Diemenz; 06-12-2020 at 01:26 PM.
Diemenz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Diemenz For This Useful Post: