View Single Post
Old 06-08-2020, 07:03 PM   #9
Diemenz
First Line Centre

Exp:

DoubleF hue actually has a lab you can activate that will do the sleep cycle as longs as you are using a temperature enabled bulb. Hue labs are great during holidays as I switch a hollowed lab or Christmas lab to the outside lights.

One thing I can say about hue is they are really decent in the elements. I have 3 bulbs outdoor on my porch and they last through the winter on a rotating timer and using my nest hello as an activator (during the times they are off). I’m actually really surprised none have burnt out.

I have had 1 hue bulb go in the last 3 years, 0 LIFX bulbs go but I also have less of them. The LIFX flat top looks very good in ceiling pot lights which is Another reason why they are in my office and living room.

My 2 cents: if you need a bright light get LIFX, if you want synergy get hue. My family has grown so used to the sensor activated lights that when one doesn’t work it’s like the world is ending. Having lights light up as you approach a door or brighten as you do (at night I have the outside lights run 50% unless motion is triggered) is glorious. Also who doesn’t like the pantry to light up when your grabbing chips. You can adjust the brightness to be time dependant so when I do grab chips at 11pm I can be sneaky about it.

Edit : I forgot to mention one of the best things I do with the hue strips. I have them under both kids beds. At night they can pick the color they want to go to sleep with. In the morning the lights turn green and go full Brightness letting them know it’s time to get up (green means go). This prevents those little gremlins from running into our room at 6am on a Saturday.

Just to be clear, I still strongly suggest using the LIFX strips over the hue for tv ambient lighting as They are brighter and you can adjust them to pure white way easier than hue which will give you the deepest blacks and colours out of your tv.

Last edited by Diemenz; 06-08-2020 at 07:10 PM.
Diemenz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Diemenz For This Useful Post: