View Single Post
Old 06-08-2020, 12:54 PM   #4
Diemenz
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoinAllTheWay View Post
Awesome stuff, thanks!

Where are your purchasing the lifx products? And the sensors, I assume those trigger the lights to come on when someone walks past? That sounds slick and I'll need that

And with the bulbs themselves, I assume they will still behave like a normal bulb? I need to keep this somewhat simple if it's going to be embraced by the household. I can still flip a regular switch and they will just come on like a normal bulb? I realize they need power to do the "smart" stuff.
They do operate like a regular bulb (you can set what a bulb should do if it loses power and then regains it, so someone turning off the switch then turning it back on. I have mine set to go to last known state) But yes you are correct, if the switch is off it will not respond to routines, sensors or voice commands.

The sensors work exactly as you described, I have them in bathroom door ways, pantry's and hallways and have the brightness set dependent upon the time of day (example 10% in bathrooms and 15% in hallways from 10pm to 6am) so its enough light for us and the kids to go to the bathroom and move around but not wake anyone up. During the day the hallways upstairs dont light up and the downstairs hallways and bathrooms light up to 100%.

LIFX has great sales all through the year as they often have bogo sales and i go to town on them when that sale comes up. I also will buy LIFX bulbs from bestbuy if they have a sale as well. For Hue its home depot and lowes as they often put them on clearance.