View Single Post
Old 01-14-2018, 12:55 PM   #5723
oldschoolcalgary
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTech780 View Post
I don't think he was ever going to be anything more than a 3rd line center, and fills that role quite well. He is good defensively, he wins faceoffs and he can contribute offensively with 30-40 points a season.
depends on what you are looking for... if you are looking for a complimentary piece with some potential upside, then a guy like Pageau would fit the bill... and he wouldn't be super expensive in terms of either acquisition cost or future salary expectations.

Hoffman is a primary piece, and would expect to be compensated that way as well as having a much higher acquisition price.

I like Hoffman, i just am not sure what the flames are willing to give up to get him...

i would not be opposed to trading Brodie, based on the reports of Andersson looking close to NHL ready and additionally it being a position of depth in the organization...

Backlund is a big question right now, and the hope is that somethings are getting answered behind the scenes (ie what is Backlund's cost/length of contract demands)... you don't want to trade backlund, but if his ask is too rich, then you might have no choice but to move him before the deadline unless you are willing to roll the dice that you can sign him prior to UFA...