View Single Post
Old 11-30-2022, 08:37 AM   #4418
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Toews isn’t flashy or controversial like Smith. He’s spent his life as a businessman, an accountant and a rancher near Grande Prairie. He’s steady-as-she-goes, solid and reliable, so it’s no surprise that he clashed ferociously with Smith during the leadership race over her controversial flagship policy, the Sovereignty Act. Toews saw it as a recipe for chaos and ridiculed it for disregarding federal law, being unconstitutional and possibly driving away tens of billions in investment.

Toews now says that work, including consultations with constitutional lawyers, is going on to answer his concerns.

“Sleeves are being rolled up and the work is being done. I feel our concerns have been heard and I’m hopeful they can be adequately addressed.”

For the Sovereignty Act to work, it has to be constitutionally compliant, respect the rule of law and be implemented in such a way that it will not create uncertainty and a lack of predictability in our business environment, Toews says. “Those things are all very important to me.”
https://edmontonjournal.com/opinion/...s-his-concerns

Toews in October. Clearly any rational human can see the act as presented did not satisfy his concerns, yet this toady voted for it. The UCP as a party has no moral grounds to stand on. They are unfit to govern.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote