View Single Post
Old 11-29-2022, 09:56 AM   #41
PeteMoss
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by activeStick View Post
I think if the CPC goes and communicates an exit strategy, with timelines, the citizens will be happy. Like you said, the government there plays a much more paternalistic role (which the citizens appreciate, which leads to trust) which I get it, is hard for westerners with no ties to Asian culture to understand because its polar opposite from what our individualistic societies promote, but if the government can come out and say okay, here's the plan to actually get out of this situation, they'll calm down. Like I said I believe China has planned the first 2 years well - it's the exit they've effed up on.

Whatever ends up happening, my bet is on China being just fine. People would be surprised at how many protests actually happen annually across China since it goes completely against the western narrative about suppression, but if one looks into it, there are a lot of protests due to 1.5B people.
I'm sure China will be fine in the long run but its much harder to keep control of a population the more comfortable they become.
PeteMoss is offline   Reply With Quote