View Single Post
Old 01-13-2022, 03:53 PM   #14
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Molson you are going exactly through what we went through with my Dad. It causes major trauma and anger in you. Those actions by my Dad have lead to heart break and the split of our family. Remember though and I'm coming to realize that your Dad is facing daily trauma. Is probably exhausted and stressed, and like your mom with him, my Dad faced my Mom who always threatened to kill herself if he put her in a home.

One of the things that highly recommended if you can get your folks into their doctor (I sat in on one of those appointments because my Dad would downplay everything). Is to get a referral to a Geriatric Psychiatrist. He can evaluate your parents behavior and help with it, and prescribe drugs if needed to help with the bad emotional state.

Like I said, I'm not an expert on this, nobody can be in dealing with it, and emotionally its like going grand rapids boating in a hurricane during an earthquake by an errupting Volcano.

I didn't reach out for any kind of help (I'm an I've got this guy) til it was way to late and I literally made myself sick. the Non Emergency hotline is a good place to go. As well as support organizations for primary care givers which you can access for advice.

I literally hurt myself by thinking that tomorrow would be better and the next day and the next day. Reach out for professional advice and talk to your doctor about referring you to at least a Social Worker that can talk to you about navigating this thing.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post: