View Single Post
Old 07-04-2015, 04:00 PM   #49
Calgary4LIfe
Franchise Player

Exp:

Tough one to pick.

I love Ferland, and I think he can be game-changer and a fan-favorite for many years to come. Poirier might be less of a fighter than Ferland, but could end up being the next 'Gary Roberts' (as a comparison). Yeah, shiny new toy syndrome, but Kylington's potential is through the roof, and he may become the face of the Flames' defensive core down the road. Jankowski - say what you will about him, but I still think this kid has high upside. Gillies and Ortio...and MacDonald! All three could very well become the next decade-long starter for Calgary. Hickey! Didn't know a thing about him until after the draft, saw him at development camp and thought: "Wow". Seen him play some games and I just think Jacob Trouba - just does everything you want a defencemen to do - checks off all the boxes under 'must have' and also all the boxes under 'nice to have' - seriously, this kid does it all.

Maybe another coffee will help me decide.

Edit: After my coffee and a nice quick hailstorm, I decided on Jankowski. In looking over the Pacific division, one thing stands out - big forwards (and centers) that skate well and have proven to be difficult for the Flames to handle. I see Jankowski helping to address this hole with his size, defensive acumen, IQ and skating, and I really do believe he has absolutely silky smooth hands and will make players around him better.

My voting strategy combines upside with how likely the player is to achieve it. I think Jankowski has addressed a lot of his question marks from his draft year, and I do think he will end up being a very important player for Calgary. I think Kylington - after Bennett - has the highest upside in the prospect base, but just some big questions that (hopefully) this upcoming season starts answering.

Last edited by Calgary4LIfe; 07-04-2015 at 04:37 PM.
Calgary4LIfe is offline   Reply With Quote