View Single Post
Old 08-12-2008, 10:26 AM   #16
Yeah_Baby
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sample00 View Post
At this point, the vet has said that he is not suffering yet. He is in discomfort but nothing bad yet. The medication will NOT fix the problem, just make him more comfortable. It will be up to us to decide when we decide to take the next step. Just watching him when he is hacking and coughing and feeling bad, tugs at the ole heart strings and I cannot watch ANY animal suffer much less our pet.

but for now, thats all the vet has had to say. I don't think we are at the point yet of euthanizing him, but it really is only a matter of time.
If money isn't and issue and the dog isn't in horrendous pain and you can ease it with the meds do that. But like you said its pretty much a matter of time so perhaps you could use it to prepare the kids. Because really once the crap hits the fan it will just be harder to watch the pooch suffer. A few years back we had to put down our Beagle. She contracted liver cancer and we treated her. She wasn't the same dog anymore though, due to the build of toxins and the like she balloned, her skin was gross, But we persevered. Yet my mom knew it was time when we the dog war struggling to breath because the cancer had spread to her lungs. Anyways I'm done rambling, it sounds like you got a pretty solid handle on the situation.
Yeah_Baby is offline   Reply With Quote