View Single Post
Old 12-05-2019, 09:43 PM   #1813
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheese View Post
I just can't wrap my head around this theory. I mean if we are just part of a program, when did it begin? With the dinosaurs? earlier? If yes, then why were they killed off by asteroid?
Why start a simulation in ancient ages, why not in some futuristic age where there is more understanding of the universe. I mean, if whoever created this simulation is that smart they could have booted our existence at any age or time.
I guess I'm just to old to want to wrap my head around this theory, it just seems like something that only could be dreamed up by someone who was raised playing video games?
As mentioned it could be that the simulation started with a small set of primary parameters and was just allowed to run for billions of "years".

Or could be that the simulation actually reflects the history of the simulators' universe and they're recreating for some kind of research.

That's the thing, without any other knowledge about the simulators everything works as an explanation, which means nothing does, which is why I don't like it

But it led to one of my favorite XKCD comics (incoming super nerdy comic)

Spoiler!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to photon For This Useful Post: